HOW TO APPLY PRODUCT
BEST APPLICATION PROCESS
Here’s how to apply our End Dust™ Magnesium Chloride Flake to roadways and other dirt or gravel surfaces:
STEP 1: PREPARE SURFACE
- The first step is to prepare the road surface.
- Work the road with a grader into a smooth and consistent surface.
- If washboards or potholes are present, cut enough to eliminate them.
- After blading the road, you will have a windrow that can be placed in the middle of the road or down one side.
STEP 2: ADD WATER
- Bring in the water truck and spray the road and windrow.
- Apply as much water as you can. The moisture will create a strong binder.
- After the road is soaked down, move your windrow across the road to reshape it.
- Try not to overwork the material.
- Add more water, soak down to the point of almost puddles.
STEP 3: APPLY PRODUCT
- Apply product with any type of spreader used for sand, salt, or seed.
- The road should look like it was just fertilized and when the product hits the ground you will hear it popping which means the water content is perfect.
- Do NOT add water after applying product!
- Keep traffic off the road for as long as possible, up to 12 hours.
- Moisture is the key to the successful application of End Dust™ Magnesium Chloride Flake.
- Each application prep will vary depending on composition of the road surface, volume of traffic on the roadway, and soil conditions.
- For example, a clay base road will not need as much water as a sand base road.
- Minimum two (2) bags will cover 1 KM – 4 to 6 meters wide – (CANADA)
- Minimum one-and-a-half (1.5) bags will cover 1 MILE – 15’ to 17’ wide – (USA)