BEST APPLICATION PROCESS:
Here are some tips for applying our End Dust III™ Mag Chloride Flakes to roadways:
- Each application prep can vary depending on solid conditions.
- Work the road – grade the road as to have a decent size windrow, if washboards or large potholes; cut enough to eliminate them.
- After blading the road, you will have a consistent windrow that can be placed in the middle of the road or down one side or the other side.
- Bring in the water truck, spray the road and windrow. You need to know your soil conditions i.e. clay base road not as much as a sand base road. KEY IS: apply as much water as you can as the moisture will create a great binder for the End Dust III™ Mag Chloride Flakes.
- After the road is soaked down; move your windrow across the road to reshape it. TRY NOT TO OVER WORK THE MATERIAL. Add more water, soak down to the point of almost puddles then apply End Dust III™ Mag Chloride Flakes with sand spreader. JOB IS DONE.
- KEEP TRAFFIC OFF THE ROAD AS LONG AS YOU CAN – IDEAL IS 12 HOURS – THE LONGER TRAFFIC IS OFF, THE BETTER.
- Moisture is the key to the whole process before applying End Dust III™ Mag Chloride Flakes.
- NOTE: Do not add water after applying End Dust III™ Mag Chloride Flakes.
- The road should look like it was just fertilized and when the product hits the ground, you will hear it popping which means water content is perfect.
- Minimum two (2) bags will cover 1 KM – 4 to 6 meters wide – (CANADIAN) or
- Minimum one (1) bag will cover 1 MILE – 15’ to 17’ wide – (USA)